You Don't Have to Know Everything Before You Start


# You Can Learn While You're Building


One of the biggest misconceptions about starting something new is believing you need to know exactly what you're doing before you begin.


You don't.


When I started building Unstuck With Camille, there were things I knew—and plenty of things I didn't.


I've had to learn about websites, digital products, social media, marketing, creating content, technology, and the business side of turning an idea into something real.


And I'm still learning.


There were moments when something didn't work the first time. There were things I had to redo. There were days when I probably spent far too long trying to figure out something that someone else could accomplish in five minutes.


But every time I figured something out, I became more capable than I was before.


That's what building looks like.


## Stop Waiting to Feel Completely Ready


Sometimes we mistake preparation for progress.


We research.


We plan.


We watch other people.


We tell ourselves, “I'll start when I understand it better.”


But eventually, preparation has to turn into action.


There are lessons you simply cannot learn from the sidelines. You learn them when you start.


Starting reveals what you need to improve.


Starting shows you what you don't know.


Starting introduces you to opportunities you couldn't see while you were still thinking about it.


## Give Yourself Permission to Be a Beginner


Being new at something doesn't mean you aren't capable of becoming good at it.


Think about everything you know how to do today that once felt unfamiliar.


You learned.


You practiced.


You improved.


Why should your next chapter be any different?


You don't need to become an expert overnight. You need enough courage to take the next step and enough humility to keep learning.


## Your Challenge This Week


Think about one thing you've been postponing because you don't feel ready.


Now forget about completing the entire goal.


Ask yourself:


**What is the next step?**


Not the next twenty steps.


Just one.


Make the phone call.


Write the first page.


Research the opportunity.


Create the account.


Record the video.


Submit the application.


Whatever your step is—take it.


Because sometimes confidence doesn't come before you start.


Sometimes confidence is what you build because you started.


— Camille  

Unstuck With Camille

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Decision Can Change Everything

The Power of Showing Up Even When You Don't Feel Like It

Stop Waiting for the Right Time

Helping You Move Forward, One Step at a Time

Give Yourself Permission to Rest